Dress me slowly I’m in a hurry. It seems that a manufacturer of screens is already late in delivering the first order for panels to be assembled in the next iPhone 12. For many weeks now, rumors have been circulating that due to the happy coronavirus pandemic, the next iPhones were going to be delayed. on going to the market.
The truth is that when Ming-Chi Kuo started this tune, I was very skeptical. He believed there was room for maneuver for manufacturers to shoulder their shoulders and be able to finish preliminary testing and start production. Apparently not. Well, I prefer that they be delayed a few days, but that they manufacture well, that the rush is not good.
The chipmaker Broadcom was subtly warning that it would not be able to meet the deadlines provided for its modem chips to be assembled in the next 12 iPhones.
Unfortunately, today we learn that BOE, Asian manufacturer of digital displays, will not be able to meet the first shipment of panels to assemble in the new iPhone 12. What a fabric.
BOE has trouble passing Apple’s quality controls
According to the Korean website DDaily, the delay is due to the problems that this manufacturer is having to overcome the strict quality controls for OLED panels that its client: Apple requires.
BOE is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of LCD and OLED panels. It produces both large panels for televisions of many brands and small ones for devices such as smartphones or smartwatches.
Currently it already manufactures panels for Apple incorporated in different types of devices, and now it was going to start supplying the new OLEDs for the new iPhone 12.
Luckily, it is only slated to make 20 percent of production for the iPhone 12. The big chunk of cake has been taken by Samsung. The remaining 80 percent of the required OLED panels will be supplied by Samsung Display. Hopefully, these are not delayed.