There has been speculation for months with the return of Silent Hill and it could be closer than ever. We would just have to wait for the presentation event of Playstation 5. Dusk Golem just shared new information. It would be a smooth reboot of the saga to bring it closer to new players. Kojima would not be part of the project and would have nothing to do with the canceled Silent Hills. Finally, it would reunite those responsible for the original saga: Keiichiro Toyama, Akira Yaomoka or Masahiro Ito.
– Developed by Sony Japan Studios and will be exclusive to PS5.
– Keiichiro Toyama [creator of the saga] is in charge of directing, Akira Yaomoka [composer of the soundtrack] is in charge of music, Masahiro Ito is in charge of the artistic section along with several developers of Siren / Gravity Rush.
– It has nothing to do with Kojima or Silent Hills, that’s probably not going to happen.
– Sony has NOT purchased the IP.
– It is NOT a remake, it is a smooth reboot, made for it to be someone’s first Silent Hill game.
– The game is already playable and has a demo to be shown after the PS5 launch event.