A developer who worked on the first Xbox of 2001 at Microsoft, and who has wanted to remain anonymous, has informed the Kotaku media of a hidden “easter egg”. It has stayed that way for 20 years and has told you how to activate it, which activates an unfamiliar credit screen. ” I didn’t expect it to be found, not unless the source code leaked or someone rolled back the Dashboard, ” it said. ” It fires just like the main one, so I knew it was possible and figured it should leak .”
That principal to which it refers is activated when entering the CD screen and naming a new rip as “<< Eggsβox >>”, doing so will activate some credits and the console will restart. This easter egg works in a similar way, but instead of automatic it has to be completed, after this it will be seen how the System Information screen has changed to something new.
Now, how do you activate this new Easter egg on the original Xbox? Before starting, you must enter Settings, and then go to System Information, so some of you may receive old memories and everything. Now with this and the information that we tell you, we leave you the trick as it has been provided from Kotaku and that activates a hidden credit screen in the 24 million Xbox sold in its 20 years.
- Go to Music and insert an audio CD. (A short one will take less time)
- From the Audio CD screen choose Rip, Rip Again and then New Sound.
- Delete the default title and replace it with (without quotes) “Timmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!”, There are 26 Y’s and an exclamation point.
- Wait and when it completes, go back to the console menu.
- Go back to Settings and then to System Information.
- Now is when you should see a new screen with names from the “Xbox Team”.
And why it has decided to filter now? ” I decided to share this for his 20 years, I thought it would be cool if people knew that this exists. I know that many websites like to know this and none of them worked at Microsoft, ” said the employee. ” I also thought that if I didn’t do it now, it would never happen, so much has happened that I hardly remember it, I had to connect the Xbox and try various things to make sure.
But why is it that no one found? ” I can’t answer that, maybe you thought someone found it, and I think the source code is released, but the dashboard didn’t leak, ” it said.