The Grand Theft Auto 5 phenomenon is still growing! The essential work of Rockstar Games has indeed reached a new milestone with more than 140 million copies sold since its launch in 2013. This is what Take-Two has just shared during the publication of its financial results for third quarter 2021 as the game is expected to arrive later this year in its Xbox Series X | S and PS5 version.
With a turnover of 860.9 million dollars in the last quarter, down 7.5% compared to 2020, Take-Two Interactive is having a 2021 fiscal year for the less comfortable. In fact, the company’s profits are up 11% to reach $ 182 million. This result is notably driven by the excellent form of its historic franchises, NBA2K, GTA and Red Dead Redemption, whose sales continue at a sustained rate. But above all, the players want to be active, to say the least, in particular on GTA V which recorded this year more players in its online mode than any other period before.
Here is the information gathered when sharing the results of Take-Two Interactive:
- GTA V exceeds 140 million in sales. Over the past six months, the title has sold 5 million copies.
- In 2020, GTA Online welcomed more players than any other year previously.
- Red Dead Redemption II reaches 36 million sales.
- NBA 2K21 crosses 8 million copies sold
- Borderlands 3 has sold more than 12 million copies since its launch.
- Take-Two Interactive plans to support GTA V and Red Dead Redemption II in terms of content at least until the end of 2021
- Take-Two Interactive CEO Zelnick believes the company is not “particularly impacted” by Covid-19. With the exception of Kerbal 2, no projects appear to be delayed.