A game that has been talking about in recent months is Genshin Impact. The Chinese game that has been compared to Breath of the Wild has been both criticized and praised and, although there are those who hate its grinding, there are also those who consider it impressive that such a game is free and can be played on mobile phones. So much so that even Apple named it the best iPhone game of all of 2020.
Apple recently released the winners of the Best of the App Store of 2020. There is awarded a variety of applications for its different devices. What really stands out to gamers is that it also had several categories to highlight the work of different video game developers.
Genshin Impact has won the iPhone Game of the Year award, with the tech giant saying “the open-world RPG freed gamers to explore a massive realm filled with colorful monsters and earthshaking titans, all brought to life with cutting-edge visual effects.”
Since its launch at the end of September, Genshin Impact has received both critical and commercial success, grossing over $100 million in less than two weeks, despite being free-to-play. If you have yet to try the game out, Genshin Impact is available on iOS, Android, PC and PS4.
To no one’s surprise, Disney+ and Zoom were downloaded a lot for entertainment and conducting meetings online during this period. Anyway, below is the official list of the App Store Best of 2020 winners:
Best Apps of 2020
- iPhone App of the Year: Wakeout!, developed by Andres Canella
- iPad App of the Year: Zoom
- Mac App of the Year: Fantastical, developed by Flexibits
- Apple TV App of the Year: Disney+
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Endel
- iPhone Game of the Year: “Genshin Impact,” from miHoYo
- iPad Game of the Year: “Legends of Runeterra,” from Riot Games
- Mac Game of the Year: “Disco Elysium,” from ZA/UM
- Apple TV Game of the Year: “Dandara Trials of Fear,” from Raw Fury
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: “Sneaky Sasquatch,” from RAC7
App Trends of 2020
- Explain Everything Whiteboard, for helping bring remote classrooms to life
- Shine, for helping users practice self-care
- Caribu, for connecting families to loved ones
- Pokémon GO, for reinventing the way we play, from Niantic
- ShareTheMeal, for helping users make a difference