Epic Games announced today the launch of its Epic Online Services tool , which we quickly translate for you that will allow Cross-Play between platforms , that is, if they give away Grand Theft Auto V today, and this tool is integrated, you can play it with the rest of your friends on steam.
In addition, in games like Fortnite , it will allow you to play with the users of PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, Mac and even Android and iOS (although these two mobile OS support will arrive soon). The developers will have free access to this tool and it is stated that it is easy and fast to implement, in addition to being compatible with all engines, stores and platforms.
“At Epic, we believe in open and integrated platforms and that the future of gaming is a highly social and connected experience,” said Chris Dyl, CEO of Online Services at Epic Games.
“Through Epic Online Services, we strive to help build a user-friendly ecosystem for both developers and gamers, where creators can benefit regardless of how they choose to build and publish their games, and in that players can play with their friends and enjoy the same quality experience regardless of their hardware. “
Additionally, more improvements are integrated into the store, such as achievements, storage of saved games, etc:
- Matchmaking: Pair players in pairs or groups to play together.
- Lobbies (Preview): Gives players the ability to join a session via invitation or search, or create their own sessions for players to join.
- Peer-to-peer: Establishes peer-to-peer network connectivity between multiple players, regardless of firewalls or router configuration.
- Achievements: Motivate your players with badges, statuses, and achievements as they progress through your game.
- Statistics: View player statistics in real-time and display achievements on leaderboards or in-game.
- Leaderboards: Show players how they rank in front of their friends and everyone else, promoting competitive and engaging play.
- Player data storage: Give your players the freedom to move between platforms by storing their game data in the cloud.
- Game Analysis: Track gameplay, frequency, player base, time, and key location indicators to identify opportunities for improvement or expansion.
- Player Tickets: Connect directly with your players and customize the service through tickets linked to player profiles.
- Friends: Show your players when their friends are online on any platform, and help them stay connected so they can have fun and play easily.