Netizens have leaked files and documents related to the development of the full-fledged sequel to STALKER, which the original developers were engaged in in the early 2010s. Some of the files were published on the AP-PRO.RU forum dedicated to the franchise, and later another part appeared on the VKontakte “Bulletin of the Same Stalker” community page.
What is contained in the documents?
- Detailed information about GSC Games World’s plans for STALKER 2 in the form of design documents, concept art, textures, weapon models, and references.
- Ideas for quests and descriptions of various game systems, from the behavior of NPCs in battles to pumping weapons.
- Synopsis and approximate plot of the game – in two versions. This indicates that leaks AP-PRO.RU and “Bulletin” That Stalker “” differ from each other and they are about two different versions of the sequel…
- Instructions for GSC employees, milestone descriptions, and task lists.
- An early build of the game on the X-Ray Engine 2.0 from December 2011.
- X-Ray Engine 2.0 source code.
The plot and gameplay details of the game
- According to a design document from the AP-PRO.RU leak, the action would take place in 2015, three years after the events of Shadow of Chernobyl.
- The main character is an unnamed former stalker who is tormented by mysterious nightmares about the Exclusion Zone. He decides to go to the Chernobyl nuclear power plant again to understand what the visions mean, but “finds himself entangled in a network of intrigues.”
- In the course of the plot, the player had to meet the characters of the first part of the series, the Shooter and the Doctor, and confront the conspirators from the Scientific Research Institute of ChAZ, which is engaged in researching the phenomena around the abandoned nuclear power plant.
- One of the key elements of the plot is a setting that allows you to accumulate anomalous energy and create artifacts. The device supposedly can help destroy the Zone or take control of it.
- A similar synopsis is described in the documents leaked by the “Herald of the Same Stalker”, but the main character in it is the Shooter himself, who was expelled from the Research Institute of ChAZ before the start of the game.
- The campaign was designed for 10 hours, and completing all side missions would take about 30 hours.
- The developers were going to develop most of the ideas of the original STALKER, implement a seamless “living” world, as well as give the player the opportunity to assemble their own group and pump the base.
- Many of the side missions would be non-linear, and the main campaign is referred to as “multidimensional”.
- The game was supposed to have both mutants already familiar from the previous parts of the series, such as controllers and bloodsuckers, as well as new ones.
- A multiplayer mode for 32 people was also planned.
- The sequel was going to be released on PC, Xbox 360 and “possibly PS3”.
Characters and factions
STALKER 2, which is still in the works for GSC Game World, does not yet have an exact release date, but the game is going to be released on PC and Xbox Series X | S.