In a few days, Samsung will present its new Galaxy Note20 and Galaxy Note20 Ultra smartphones at the Unpacked 2020 event.
Samsung usually launches its high-end smartphones in two variants: one with Samsung’s Exynos processor (for example, in Europe) and the other with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon processor (for example, in the United States).
The version with the Exynos chip always arrives in Europe, which has recently generated quite a bit of discomfort on the part of some users who consider that the Qualcomm chip is more powerful and more efficient. We have even seen an online petition for Samsung to stop sending smartphones with Exynos chips.
In the case of the Galaxy Note20, one of the variants is rumored to arrive with the same Exynos 990 chip that we have seen in the Galaxy S20 but, until now, it was not clear if the other variant would arrive with Snapdragon 865 as the Galaxy S20 or the Latest Snapdragon 865+.
Now a promotional video leaked by Evan Blass from the American operator AT&T has confirmed that the Galaxy Note20 will debut with the Snapdragon 865+ chip in the United States, which will presumably further increase the gap between the Exynos chip model and the Qualcomm chip model.
We’ve recently heard rumors that the Exynos 990 on the Galaxy Note20 will be a version with better thermal performance than the Galaxy S20 chip, which should help achieve better-sustained performance. However, it remains to be seen whether it will catch up to the Qualcomm chip.
The video also reveals other interesting details about both smartphones such as:
- 6.7 ″ Infinity Super AMOLED + display on the Galaxy Note20 and 6.9 ″ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with 120Hz refresh rate on the Galaxy Note20 Ultra
- S Pen with better response time and improvements in the Samsung Notes app (conversion to Powerpoint, organization of notes, etc.)
- 8K video recording
- 64MP main camera on the Galaxy Note20 and 108MP on the Galaxy Note20 Ultra
- Spatial zoom up to 30x on the Galaxy Note20 and up to 50x on the Galaxy Note20 Ultra
- 4,300 mAh battery in the Galaxy Note20 and 4,500 mAh in the Galaxy Note20 Ultra.
- Mystic Green, Mystic Gray, and Mystic Bronze color for the Galaxy Note20 and Mystic Black, Mystic White, and Mystic Bronze for the Galaxy Note20 Ultra.